TIMPVIEW HIGH SCHOOL BAND MUSICIANSHIP AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Third Class Musician
Demonsatrate THS Band Standards of Excellence (Show Up, Work Hard, Be Musical, Have Fun)
Play and Write all 12 Major Scales
Demonstrate Good Tone Quality
Demonstrate Ability to Play In Tune
Demonstrate 7 Beginning Snare Rudiments (Percussion)
Sight-Read Grade 2 Music
Perform at Region Solo/Ensemble Festival
Second Class Musician
Qualify for 3rd Class
Play and Write All Natural Minor Scales
Demonstrate Improved Tone Quality, Including Vibrato
Demonstrate 13 Essential Snare Rudiments (Percussion)
Sight-Read Grade 3 Music
First Class Musician
Qualify for 2nd Class Musician
Member of the 60-second Club
Pass Off all Harmonic Minor Scales
Demonstrate 26 Standard Snare Rudiments (Percussion)
Sight-Read Grade 4 Music
Pass Off Approved Level Method Book *Private Teachers Can Help With This*
Perform at Region Solo/Ensemble Festival and Receive a Superior Rating
Audition for All-State Band
Qualify for 1st Class
Member of 30 second Club
Pass off All 12 Melodic Minor Scales
Demonstrate PAS 40 Snare Rudiments (Percussion)
Sight-Read Grade 5 Music
Perform 4 Solos in Senior Recital
Perform Solo at State Solo/Ensemble Festival and Receive a Superior Rating
Perform with the All-State Band, Orchestra, or Jazz Ensemble
ONLY SENIORS MAY APPLY
Timpview Band Master Musician (Recital Requirements)
1. 3-4 Solos (Grade 3 or Higher) *Must be Approved by Mr. Hearld
2. May play one Duet (Grade Three or Higher)
3. It is Acceptable to use Material from Previous Solo/Ensemble or Recitals.
4.There Must at Least be 4 Selections Played at the Recital.
Each Movement of a Single Work may Count as a Selection. *Must be Approved by Mr. Hearld
5. All Performers will be Dressed Up.
6. There Should be Refreshments for All in Attendance (Highly Recommended).
7. There will be a Professional Looking Program for the Audience.
8. All Recitals must be Advertised Two Weeks in Advance.
9. This Will be Done via Posters, Verbal, and Social Media.